- posted by Jennifer
- Indeed, weddings are definitely one of the happiest moments in a person's life. But, this momentous occasion does not always come as blissful as the event itself. Days and even months before the big day, couples usually cram up with the littlest details. The wedding planning process includes listing down and cutting down everything into specific details such as the wedding date, the venue, the reception, the caterer, the designer of the gown and suit, all the way down to the wedding coverage.
Because of hectic schedules, most couples usually do not pay much attention to one of the crucial things in their wedding: the wedding coverage. Despite the overwhelming tension and excitement, couples do not have to be nonchalant when choosing their wedding photographers if they want their fun times and precious memories recorded very well.
- Choosing Your Wedding Photographer
To avoid making this slight neglect that usually leads disastrous results, couples have to decide first what kind of wedding photography they would want to have. Most wedding photographers today categorize the types of wedding photography into two of the traditional or classic style and the wedding photo-journalistic style.
Today, the most common style used by wedding photographers is the traditional or classic wedding photography, and is considered as a 'timeless' and the 'safest' style because it's what you normally see in countless wedding albums. Characterized by classic poses of subjects aware of the camera, this style involves so much control from the photographer because he is in-charge in arranging individual and group shots before, during, and even after the wedding.
Here, the photographer must have excellent portraiture skills to focus more on the quality of the photograph by making the subject look great from the littlest details. Expect typical wedding photos like pre-ceremony pictures, formal shots of the bride and groom posing with bridesmaids and ushers, cake cutting, garter and bouquet toss when you choose a classic wedding photography. This style is ideal if the couple would want to keep portraits of family members for their wedding album.
If the couple is adventurous and unconventional, then you might want to consider the wedding photojournalistic style of photography on your big day. An increasingly popular style today, wedding photojournalism offers fresh and new style of taking photos in the occasion. Characterized by candid shots of the subjects unaware of the moving camera, the photojournalism style lets the attendees act freely to capture their pure and true emotion.
Sourcing style from his experience in journalism, the 'photojournalist' pays more attention to minute details and candid shots rather than arranged ones. He's more into eyeing interesting moments and capturing those in his lens to produce a narrative collection of images that tell a story. Although some traditional poses will be present, expect photos that show actual emotions of the bride and groom and of other participants throughout the duration of the wedding when you choose the photojournalism style.
While wedding planning, make sure that you meet up with your photographer first to avoid ruining the documentation of that big event. Make sure that that early on, the wedding photographer meets all of your standards. When you meet with the photographer before hand, you could discuss the details you want. Just keep in mind that you'll be seeing your photographer throughout the whole day, so meeting your photographer is truly important because you want to make the best possible connection with him/her.
Nowadays, most people rely on reviews, and browsing through wedding websites, social media, or getting referrals through friends and families can definitely narrow down your search. Here at The Memory Journalists, we know how significant photography is. So, if it's important to you, don't skimp on the cost, and find good quality photographers in your area!
- posted by Mai
- Belee and Martin's traditional Vietnamese Wedding was The Memory Journalists' last wedding of 2014! And Kelly and I couldn't have asked for a more fun and relaxed couple as these two. The day started with the girls getting ready at The Residence Inn in Sacramento. Earlier that week we were worried it may be raining, but we lucked out and dodged the rain that day. Throughout these images you may notice Belee in different dresses. She changed into four different dresses during the day. Yes, four. Her bridesmaids made her transition from dress to dress swift and quick. A dream team of ladies behind their girl.
- Loved her shoes and accessories!
- I love this getting ready photo.
- Belee made such a beautiful bride.
- And Martin was just as dashing as he got ready.
- Belee and Martin shared a first look at Capital Park. As you can tell it was raining earlier that morning. It stayed dry for the rest of the day. Luckily. :)
- Their dog Poncho showed up to complete the Bridal party portraits.
- The girls were such a blast to work with.
- I love the colors in Belee's bouquet.
- The guys were looking sharp. And goofy.
- The ceremony was held at St. Francis of Assisi Parish.
- St. Francis of Assisi is such a beautiful church and I love that we can use the balcony.
- Congrats to the newlyweds!
- Everyone was ready for a celebration to start!
- We used the park across the street from the church for a few after ceremony portraits.
- Back at the reception, their wedding topper was so cute!!
- We had such a blast capturing your day Belee & Martin!! Thank you for allowing us to be a small part of such a wonderful day! Enjoy your extended sneak peak slideshow. Just click the following photo and turn up the music!
- posted by Isabel
- Jessica and Anthony were married at Wine and Roses, one of our favorite Venues. Wine and Roses is located in Lodi, California.
After hearing about how Anthony proposed to Jessica, during a wonderful vacation on the coast of Northern California, getting down on one knee on the beach while family watched from inside the house, we knew their wedding day would be magical.
- Jessica's hair and makeup was beautifully done by the talented ladies at Wine & Roses Spa. We worked with a fabulous team of vendors all day and it made the day go smoothly.
- Jessica and her bridesmaids all looked fantastic.
- Gorgeous bouquets by Chris from Big Bang Events.
- Jessica and Anthony met while both attending McGeorge law school 5 years ago. Anthony makes a really good attorney face, don't you think? He's got a great smile too. :)
- All the boys were solid with their serious faces.
- We loved their first look! Jessica shed a few tears that quickly turned into smiles and laughter.
- We are so glad that they decided to do some photos before the ceremony as the light was amazing!
- The garden setting at Wine and Roses is such a beautiful backdrop.
- Loved their first kiss as husband and wife! I am such a sucker of kiss photos when the guy wraps his hand around the girls neck. It's just so sexy and loving!
- Inside the party was about to get started, but we grabbed a few photos before everyone headed inside.
- I loved the light on the cake. Freeport Bakery did a yummy job.
- Jessica and Anthony's first dance ended with a kiss. I'm so glad we were there to capture it. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your wedding day.
Be sure to check out the extended sneak peak slideshow by clicking on the next photo. There is music (in case you are at work!) Enjoy! Be patient as it loads!
- posted by Jennifer
- Kelly and Isabel started Marlo and David's wonderful wedding day at the Westin along the beautiful Sacramento River. They met up with Marlo getting ready with the girls and started with a few inanimate photographs.
Marlo and David,
Your family is so beautiful! As I put together the extended sneak peak slideshow (below) and as I'm working on your album photos, and it made me both smile and brought tears to my eyes. I just feel so much love in this day. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your wedding day. Isabel and Kelly did an amazing job of capturing you all exactly as you are!
Now onwards to the photos! We worked with another great crew of wedding vendors!
- Marlo looked absolutely stunning.
- And so did all her bridesmaids. Flawless!!
- David felt bad that his groomsmen had to wear pink (blush) colored vests so he wore these pink socks to make them feel better.
- A good looking group of men!
- The guys did a shot together inside of Scott's Seafood Restaurant before the ceremony.
- I just love their reactions to each other for their first looks.
- David's daughters were the best little flower girls. And their Yorkie, Tyson, made the cutest little ring bearer.
- The Sacramento River makes a gorgeous background for weddings at the Westin.
- Gorgeous and yummy cake by Freeport Bakery.
- We loved being a part of your day Marlo & David! Enjoy this extended sneak peak slideshow by clicking on this photo. (there is music!)
- posted by Isabel
- The Memory Journalists had the pleasure of capturing all the loveliness of Agnes's 90th Hawaiian Themed Birthday party earlier this year. It was such a joyous event and the continued smile on Agnes's face was infectious. I can't believe that this blog post escaped through the cracks and was never posted live. We apologize for the tardy post.
Gorgeous Floral arrangements from Kim with Bloomers Floral Design.
- Aimee from 2Chic Events & Design did such a fabulous job with this beautiful decor.
- This was such a cool cake from Sweet Cakes by Rebecca!
- Love her smile!! She was such a pleasure to be around.
- The Polynesian musicians really set the mood for the evenings event.
- And the dancers were amazing!!
- Thank you for letting us be a small part of such an awesome celebration!