- posted by Jennifer
- I'm super stoked to report that my goal was to blog post at least once a day this year..on average anyway...and we've done it! That's two years now. And next year will be no different - full of sneak peaks, photo tips, and personal stories. I know we don't post only work related posts...on purpose. We want to post the quirky tidbits and the special moments in our personal lives. As readers, we hope you get a glimpse into our lives, personalities, and our style.
We've had a great team this year with the addition of former clients, Keith and Kirsten. And we've hired some great new office staff this year - Jasmine has been working with us at the Memory Journalists but more importantly with our sister company Dynamite Weddings. She is our word wizard guru. Of course our team wouldn't be complete without my steadfast team of Teresa and Kelly, my right hand (and left hand) girl Carie, and my hubby Cory.
We branched out a bit this year with some short films and plan to do some fun projects heading into 2011. We were stoked to win the Canon Cinema Caravan contest with our 30 second commercial. We've been blessed to be in many magazines and on the cover of Today's Bride in October and Sacramento Bride And Groom in January. Our most recent kudos was finding out we won the Best of Weddings 2011 by The Knot. What a great year!
The last few years we've done a year end review slideshow and this year is no different...and as usual it's super hard to pick pictures. Reflecting back year makes me really thankful that I meet such fabulous people. This year is no different. Every one of our clients has a special place in my heart. We connect on colors, on shoes, on food (yes, I'm a firm believer in eating!), on music, and mostly we connect about life. I hope what you see in our year end review is what defines our style. I tried very hard not to select detail shots, although we love them, because it's the people that matter most. You will see quiet moments with loving looks, you will see some sexy moments, but mostly you will see a lot, and I mean A LOT of laughter. You will even see my good friend Wendy shaving her head for St. Baldricks! And of course, you'll see some of my favorites photos of the year. Enjoy.
Click the below image to start the slideshow.
- posted by Jennifer
- I'm so behind in blog posting since Cory and I have been away for a few trips over the holidays. But I'll be catching you all up in overload mode in the next few days with several posts a day since there is so much to share. Keep in mind that I think 100% of the next several posts are pictures all taken with our iPhones.
First, here is a look at our Christmas table. I love my quirky stripes and polka dots and our snowball candles. The snowball candles get put away soon, but the table stays dressed up through Valentine's Day.
- I debated on whether to share this picture, but I think it's funny. This was Christmas morning and I was all decked out in my BaHumBug Care Bear PJ's that Kathy had given me, showing off the new scarf from my sis Val and the Sock Monkey that Santa gave me. And of course you can see a glimpse of our Christmas tree.
- I found this coffee mug for Cory at a Craft fair in Apple Hill and it was perfect for Cory! Those you who know him, realize that this is usually the bird I get from Cory when I try to take his photo.
- Cory and I enjoyed a hike before opening gifts on Christmas Day - well truth be told Cory made me take a walk or else he said! He wasn't going to let me open gifts until our walk was over. We passed by this little guy (I love the Grinch!) and Cory snapped this shot of him.
- Merry Christmas everyone!
- posted by Jennifer
- After Susan and Mark's Sacramento engagement photo session, I had this idea to create a short film. It's a wedding Save the Date short film. This is my first short film - from the script writing, shot list, and editing. Cory, of course, was the 2nd camera operator and he helped me with editing since he's so much better at it than me. Enjoy!
- posted by Carie
- This week our Wedding Photo Wednesday post is about creative wedding reception seating charts. You can check out our other Wednesday Posts on the blog.
We love to share the super cool ideas we see at weddings and lately we've been seeing some very creative reception seating charts. When planning your wedding reception your seating chart is one of the little details that can be fun to come up with and also make for very cool wedding photos. It's yet another way to tell the story of your day in it's entirety.
Christine and Rich (September 2010) actually put a California Lottery ticket in each of the envelopes which told guests where they were sitting. These envelopes were cleverly and adorably hung from a small tree on a table at the entrance to the reception. We love this idea! It was really quite gorgeous and so so unique.
- Natalie and Ryan (October 2010) chose a more simple style of seating chart but still incorporated important elements. They used a rugged wood board which tied into the old winery theme as well as green tacks to incorporate one of their wedding colors.
- This last example was unique and beautiful as well. The table charts were strung up along a curtain with lovely flowers. Each table was mapped out for the guests instead of each name being on a separate little card. We haven't seen this very often but love the idea.
- What clever seating chart will you come up with for your wedding reception?
- posted by Cory
- We recently debuted this Love Story short film at Natalie and Ryan's wedding reception. When we had Natalie and Ryan over for dinner prior to the wedding to finalize some details, we showed Natalie, but kept it as a surprise for Ryan until the wedding day. When Natalie first viewed the film, she cried. Of course Jen cried too watching Natalie cry.
At the reception, we made sure to not only watch Ryan's reaction, but Natalie's parents reaction too. Check out their reaction - Jen used their reaction as examples from the Depth of Field post last week.
And now for the feature short film...enjoy!