- posted by Jennifer
- Our book club last month hosted a surprise baby shower for Kirsten. The theme? Books of course! Every girl in book club brought one of their favorite childhood books to give her.
- Natalie coordinated getting a Banner made out of authentic old fashioned library check-out cards. Studio 1621 (who Natalie used to make the banner for my birthday last year) made this fabulous banner.
- All the desserts, candy, and food was based on a book. One of my all time favs....swedish fish for Dr. Seuss's One Fish, Two Fish, Three, Four, Five Fish.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar with the healthy veggie options.
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
- Another Dr. Seuss fav....Do You Like Green Eggs and Ham? Even better when the eggs are really green!
- Carla's Sandwich and The Little Red Hen (makes a pizza).
- We had everything out before Kirsten arrived.
- Desserts, provided by Sweet Cakes by Rebecca of chocolate mini cupcakes and my favorite red velvet cake pops. Matching book of If you Give a Cat a Cupcake. (the cake pops were just because!)
- Even Kirsten's mom and dad got in on the surprise. Kirsten's mom and I had secretly planned since her first shower about her making cookies. If you Give a Mouse a Cookie was the inspiration and Kirsten's dad MADE the cookie cut-out and they decorated the sugar cookies to match perfectly! The oatmeal chocolate cookies were a HUGE hit too!
- After we discussed our book of the month, we had a few other surprises for Kirsten to open.
- Of course the monkey came from me. Curious George series along with the stuffed animal.
- And since this is the first time ever that our entire book club was in attendance, we had to take a group photo of all 11 girls. Though I'm not sure how we ever made the pregnant lady be the one to kneel on the ground?! :-)