- posted by Mai
- Aisle runners can be truly special if you take the time to put meaning to it. You can do more than initials, or your name and date. Personalizing your love story on an aisle runner can allow guests to see the growth of your love, and relationship. One of my favorite ones was a personalized timeline. You can definitely put this one together yourself, and it displays how you met, your first date, etc. Check out this post by Chandra Fredrick on ohlovelyday.com for a DIY aisle runner. She labels the simple steps, and supplies you'll need to achieve this project. Although it may look like homemade, it's the time, and creativeness that counts. There are also other ones I adore, like a scripted version, or you can add photographs. Whichever you incorporate, it can cost you no more than $30. Put your creative mind to work.
Take a walk down our aisle for some more inspirations of Love Story Aisle Runners on our Memory Journalists Pinterest page.
Photo Courtesy: Green Wedding Shoes
- posted by Jennifer
- It's almost that time of year when our annual Amazon Prime membership renewal is due. We have been a member since almost Day 1 when they started this program. It will be 10 years at our renewal this year! I can't speak highly enough for this program. With unlimited 2 Day shipping it pays for itself in a short amount of time. The shipping isn't the only reason to sign up - now they've added Amazon Prime movie downloads and music too!
When we lived in Folsom, our UPS driver called me Amazon Mama, since we received Amazon packages so frequently. Not only do I order most my books from Amazon, but now I've also started taking advantage of their monthly subscription program where you get an additional 15% off. Not all items are eligible, and you can specify how often you receive them. I have hair products such as shampoo, conditioner, etc. set up to shop every 3 months.
And now they offer a program called Prime Pantry as part of Prime membership. You can shop popular household essentials and have them conveniently delivered. As you shop, you see that each Pantry item tells you what percentage of a Pantry box it fills based on its size and weight. Pantry boxes are large and can hold up to 45 pounds or four cubic feet of household products. As you check items off your list, they continuously track and show you how full your box is. You can buy as much or as little as you want for a flat $5.99 delivery fee per Prime Pantry box. Save gas, save money, save time.
It's how I do most my holiday shopping too, which is just around the corner. I wanted to share with you a 30 day free trail they offer before you start your shopping season. And don't forget that Black Monday (the online equivalent to Black Friday after Thanksgiving) offers many products at better rates than in the stores - especially when you get free 2 day shipping!
Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies & TV Shows Anytime - Start Free Trial Now
- I am a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn slight advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I choose to participate in this program since I LOVE Amazon Prime. This is my personal opinion. Income from affiliate links is used to help keep our site up and running. You can read our full Disclosure policy below.
- posted by Mai
- Talk about the best pizza in Sacramento! Trick Pony is still slowly buzzing around, but the reviews have been exceptional so far. When I heard that the popular Tuli Bistro closed down, there was probably going to be another restaurant filling in the corner of S and 21st St. In a matter of time, Trick Pony became pizza heaven just a few blocks down from me. They create Neapolitan, wood-fired pizza, along with authentic Italian pastas, and salads. And as I enter to have my first experience, I thought I'd share it with everyone because quality restaurants like this one deserves attention.
The moment me, my daughter, and boyfriend walk in, we saw the chefs stretching, and preparing the dough. You'd definitely get a front row seat on the right side of the bar- that's where the grill is. Their kitchen looked clean, and simple with fresh ingredients tucked away until needed. We sat at the bar, and watched those hot pizzas come to life, while salivating as we await for ours. They have a daily menu, but it does change from time to time. Our waiter suggested a white tuna pizza, and we just added on a Margherita, and pepperoni. I know what you're thinking, "Wow! 3 pizzas?" We thought the same, too, but when we discovered their sizes, it wasn't so bad.
Our pizzas went from doughy, to hot, fresh, delectable pies. They also serve their pizzas with two dipping sauces-pesto, and a spicy red sauce. Oh my, you could just smell and taste the freshness of these pizzas. We slowly took a bite into each piece, and the dough and ingredients were super delicious. We were completely satisfied, and didn't go home hungry, which is the most important thing when trying out new places because you can never be too sure. It's either a hit or miss you know. And this place hit us in all the right spots. They provide excellent service, are polite, and I hope they stick around for a long while. By far,
Trick Pony Pizza has the best pizza in Sacramento! Go support, and check them out now. Keep Sacramento alive with great restaurants on the rise!
- posted by Mai
- Who doesn't love food trucks? They have been making a name for themselves for quite a while now, and are all over the place. If you can't decide on a caterer, make this your next option. It can even be an alternative for late-night snacking as well. They are inexpensive, mobile, and delivers fresh food in a flash. I'm sure all of guests will appreciate it.
Get a quick bite into ourFood Truck Catering Ideas on our Memory Journalists Pinterest page.
Photo Courtesy: Off Beat Bride
- posted by Jennifer
- Kelly and Isabel started Marlo and David's wonderful wedding day at the Westin along the beautiful Sacramento River. They met up with Marlo getting ready with the girls and started with a few inanimate photographs.
Marlo and David,
Your family is so beautiful! As I put together the extended sneak peak slideshow (below) and as I'm working on your album photos, and it made me both smile and brought tears to my eyes. I just feel so much love in this day. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your wedding day. Isabel and Kelly did an amazing job of capturing you all exactly as you are!
Now onwards to the photos! We worked with another great crew of wedding vendors!
- Marlo looked absolutely stunning.
- And so did all her bridesmaids. Flawless!!
- David felt bad that his groomsmen had to wear pink (blush) colored vests so he wore these pink socks to make them feel better.
- A good looking group of men!
- The guys did a shot together inside of Scott's Seafood Restaurant before the ceremony.
- I just love their reactions to each other for their first looks.
- David's daughters were the best little flower girls. And their Yorkie, Tyson, made the cutest little ring bearer.
- The Sacramento River makes a gorgeous background for weddings at the Westin.
- Gorgeous and yummy cake by Freeport Bakery.
- We loved being a part of your day Marlo & David! Enjoy this extended sneak peak slideshow by clicking on this photo. (there is music!)