- posted by Jennifer
- This is Brooklyn. In this picture she is less than a week old. She was so little when I took these pictures...just a little jelly bean really. She still molded to mommy's chest. I had so many favorites from this photo shoot that I had to limit myself to just 10 for the blog.
- When Christie emailed me that she was pregnant I was so excited. I had this shoot penciled in for several weeks now just waiting for Brooklyn to be born.
I loved that Brooklyn opened her eyes a few times when I was visiting. The sound of the camera seemed to intrigue her.
- This bear has family significance and sentimental value. I may be getting this wrong (please correct me Jen or Christie) but the sweater on the bear was Christie's grandmother's sweater. Brooklyn looks like she was made to just snuggle with the bear.
- We wanted to do a Princess and the Pea photo, but we didn't have a pea! I still love this Princess photo.
- We piled several blankets into the bottom of this basket and placed Brooklyn on top. She was out!
- But once again, she showed us her eyes.
- This was one of Jen's requested ideas. Of course you all know I love feet so I was excited about it. Hello....look at how small Brooklyn's feet are!
- Brooklyn didn't like the little hat Christie put on her. We ditched it pretty quickly.
- Okay, I know this might seem "not very nice", but it was the last photo of our time together and it's by far my favorite. :-) What does that say about me?! I can't wait til we get together again. Brooklyn is just so dang cute!
- posted by Carie
- This week's Wedding Photo Wednesday Post is about why your wedding flowers should arrive early on your wedding day. You can read our other Wedding Photo Wednesday Posts on our blog.
The flowers for your wedding including boutonnieres and bouquets need to arrive at the same time or before your wedding photographer is due to arrive. That way your flowers can be used as much as possible in your wedding photos. Your photographer will want to take some photos of the inanimate objects like your flowers while you are finishing up getting ready. Also, you want the photos taken with you and all your girls to include your beautiful wedding flowers. One more thing, you want plenty of photos of you with your flowers before they get too beat up which is pretty much inevitable.
- One more bonus to your flowers arriving when your wedding photographer arrives is that your florist will be so happy to have some professional photos of their fabulous work!
- posted by Jennifer
- We were ecstatic to learn we were part of the great team who won Sacramento NACE's Meeting of the Year Award for 2010. Their Annual Award Gala was held this Tuesday evening. The award was for the meeting held at Del Paso Country Club last winter for our Christmas time celebration. Kelle, the event manager at Del Paso Country Club, puts on such great events! Be sure to check out Del Paso Country Club as our featured Sacramento Wedding venue right now.
- posted by Jennifer
- Every year I make sure to support the American Cancer Society's Daffodil Days. I think I've done this now for at least 5 years. Not only do I get to enjoy the beauty of the daffodils, but I think it's a good cause. There are so many ways to support cancer programs, this is just one of my favorites.
- posted by Jennifer
- Del Paso Country Club is so beautiful and a perfect venue for your dream wedding! Established in 1916, this treasure has been updated but still has that Country Club warmth and charm. The grounds and ballroom are gorgeous and the venue can handle small or large weddings up to 250 guests. Read more about Del Paso Country Club in the Venue Section of our website.
We caught up with Kelle Collier, Private and Member Events Director to learn a little more about her, the fabulous team and Del Paso Country Club. Here's the scoop we got for our readers:
How far in advance should a bride and groom book your venue? I would say 1 year is typical. I like to help with vendor selection, and hold the Bride and Groom's hand through the entire process, so with a year to work on the wedding the final decisions don't feel rushed.
What is your favorite wedding element? Hands down, the table scape. I really want the couples' guests to walk into the room and have that Wow! factor.
What piece of advice do you find you give to brides and grooms more than any other? This wedding is about you not me, so if you don't like something please don't be afraid to speak up and tell me how you really feel.
What is included at your location when a couple chooses to book you? In house Catering (with a phenomenal Chef), Friendly and professional staff, Tables, Chairs, Poly linen in an array of colors, Glassware, China, Flatware, Stemware, Dance Floor, A beautiful view of the Golf Course, and an on-site coordinator to ensure that everything runs like clockwork.
Are there any new features or additions at your venue that we might not know about? I'm so glad you asked! We are just about to break ground on a new outdoor ceremony site. It will be simple, and have a panoramic view of the golf course. Because we are an exclusive venue, we will only be allowing 12 weddings a year to take place with the ceremony outdoors and reception indoors.
Wow, Kelly! That's exciting news! Thanks for all the great information!
- The Memory Journalists had the pleasure of photographing a Sacramento NACE event at Del Paso Country Club in December when it was all decked out for the holidays. It was absolutely stunning! Just look at all those windows! Such a gorgeous view. By the way, Del Paso Country Club just won NACE Meeting of the Year 2010 for that very meeting.
I had to throw some food shots onto this storyboard because the food truly is exceptional at Del Paso Country Club.
- With all the wood and cozy furniture, Del Paso Country Club has that warm, friendly feel all year around. Be sure to give Kelle a call to tour the facility before you make any decisions about your Sacramento wedding venue. Kelle and the team out there are amazing! Del Paso Country Club is a truly beautiful, elegant location that is easy to get to and can accommodate all your wedding day needs.
- Kelle Collier, Private & Member Events Director at Del Paso Country Club can be reached at:
3333 Marconi Avenue
Sacramento, California 95821
916.489.4264 ext. 222