- posted by Carie
- The Memory Journalists will be photographing this special NACE event on Tuesday, February 1st at The Elk's Tower in Downtown Sacramento. This special event is open to the public. Join us for some networking and wine tasting. NACE has extended the discounted ticket price so sign up today!
Time: Tuesday, February 1 · 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Location: The Elks Tower Ballroom
921 11th Street, 2nd floor ballroom
More Info: Wine Tasting Seminar with Maximilian J. Riedel
Come learn about the value of an amazing wine glass with a comparative tasting with Maximilian Riedel. Enjoy wine, appetizers, and networking and leave with a set of wine glasses valued at $123!
Price: $75 per ticket
Register at: Sacramento NACE
Music provided by: MR DJ Service
Planning: Catrina Maria Designs and Fearon May Events
Photo: The Memory Journalists
Sponsors: NACE, Our Wedding Magazine, Bogle Vineyards, Wilson Vineyards, Heringer Estates, Jackson Catering & Events, Lange Twins Winery, All Seasons, All Reasons Catering, Beth Sogaard Catering, The Chocolate Architect, Rent Rite Party People, The Firehouse Restaurant
- posted by Jennifer
- Last week I took Karol and Josh out for a mini date night session. Josh and Karol are having a small wedding in Lake Tahoe in May, but we include a date night session with all our weddings regardless of size. Read about Why an Engagement Session is important.
The entire shoot was filled with fun. We started with a race down the banisters of a stairwell.
- We stopped at random places.
- And played a little hide and seek.
- Luck was on our side when we saw the Target shopping cart left at a park. WOOHOO! Shopping cart races.
- Okay, we did break for a few serious moments.
- This is my favorite photo of the entire evening!
- We ended our engagement date night session playing on the bars. What a great fun filled evening!
- posted by Jennifer
- Sacramento, California January 28, 2011 - WeddingWire, the nation's leading wedding technology company, is thrilled to announce The Memory Journalists has been selected to receive the prestigious annual WeddingWire Bride's Choice Awards 2011 for Wedding Photography.
Recognition for the Bride's Choice Awards 2011 is determined by recent reviews and extensive surveys from over 750,000 WeddingWire newlyweds. Our past clients are among those that shared their experiences on WeddingWire, the largest wedding review site in the nation.
The Memory Journalists stands among the top five percent of wedding professionals in the WeddingWire community, representing quality and service excellence within the wedding industry. Awards were given to the top wedding professionals across 20 service categories, from wedding venues to wedding photographers, and were based on the overall professional achievements throughout the past year.
WeddingWire is honored to celebrate the success of the top-rated wedding professionals within the WeddingWire community, said Timothy Chi, WeddingWire's Chief Executive Officer, with the annual Bride's Choice Awards program, WeddingWire has the unique opportunity to recognize the best wedding professionals across the US and Canada. We applaud The Memory Journalists for their professionalism and dedication to enhancing the wedding planning experience last year.
We are happy to announce that The Memory Journalists is among the very best Wedding Photographers within the WeddingWire Network, which includes leading wedding planning sites WeddingWire, Martha Stewart Weddings, Project Wedding and Weddingbee. We would like to thank our past clients for nominating us to receive the Bride's Choice Awards 2011.
For more information on the Bride's Choice Awards 2011, please visit www.WeddingWire.com
- posted by Carie
- The Memory Journalists has added a new section to our website all about wedding venues we love. We've worked at so many great venues and wanted to "give back" by telling our readers all about these wonderful locations for weddings from our professional perspective. You can read more about local venues and see pictures of them "in action" so to speak. This is just the beginning. We will be adding more every week.
We hope you enjoy this new feature and look forward to your feedback. Please click the following link to take a look now: Venue Feature
- posted by Jennifer
- We can't say enough about Wine and Roses a terrific wedding venue located within the lush vineyards of Lodi, California. This spectacular venue is one of our favorites not only for it's beauty, elegance and bounty of indoor and outdoor options but also for it's fantastic staff. Charina Sales and her team are some of our favorite folks to work with in the industry. We know when we book couples getting married at Wine and Roses that it is sure to be a great event. Just a hop, skip and a jump away from the Sacramento area, Wine and Roses is a great option for couples who are having an intimate wedding or a grand affair.
You can read more about Wine and Roses in the New Venues Section of our Website. In the meantime, check out some of the glory that is Wine and Roses below and be sure to read further for an interview with Charina Sales, Wedding Sales Manager of Wine and Roses.
- We caught up with Charina Sales (yes her name is Sales and she's in sales!) to get to know her a little better and hear what she had to say about her fab venue. Check it out:
What is your title and how long have you been working at Wine and Roses? I am the Wedding Sales Manager of Wine and Roses for over 8 years.
What is a little known fact about your venue or a small detail you'd love folks to know? That well known celebrities have stayed at Wine and Roses; Martha Stewart, George Lopez, Arnold Schwarzenegger just to name a few.
What is your favorite thing about your location? It's centrally located and has the essential items that not only the bride and groom need but also friends and families can enjoy.
How far in advance should a bride and groom book your venue? I recommend booking at least 6 months to a year in advanced.
What is your favorite wedding element? When the bride walks down the aisle and the groom looks at her like he has never seen anything more beautiful.
What piece of advice do you find you give to brides and grooms more than any other? I tell them to leave all the details to us and sit back and enjoy their special day!
What is included at your location when a couple chooses to book you? Wine and Roses is a full service venue. We have ceremony and reception locations, full wedding menu (including the wedding cake) catering service, customized bar, bridal changing room, a professional Event Specialist, as well as a complimentary King Deluxe hotel stay for the bride and groom.
Wow! Thanks Charina for all this great information about Wine and Roses.
- As the photos above show, there is an abundance of lushness and beauty at Wine and Roses. Their service is spectacular, food is awesome and The Spa is a must see! We can't wait to plan a girly spa day there soon. Give them a call to set up a visit soon. You will not be disappointed.
Wine and Roses is located at:
2505 West Turner Road
Lodi, California 95242