The Memory Journalists has added a new section to our website all about wedding venues we love. We've worked at so many great venues and wanted to "give back" by telling our readers all about these wonderful locations for weddings from our professional perspective. You can read more about local venues and see pictures of them "in action" so to speak. This is just the beginning. We will be adding more every week.
We hope you enjoy this new feature and look forward to your feedback. Please click the following link to take a look now: Venue Feature
Julia Markel, of AFWPI, is grateful to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for their research and is anxious to give back. Her mother was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma in 1998 and after five aggressive chemo treatments, thankfully went into remission.
Now Julia is nominated for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 2009 Woman of the Year! Every dollar raised by Julia counts as a vote. If you would like to help her reach her goal of $10,000 by June 6, 2009 you can help in the following ways:
* Donate $50 or more to LLS. You may send your donation to Julia Markel c/o AfWPi, 6700 Freeport Blvd Ste 202, Sacramento CA 95822 (and make the check out to LLS), or go to http://sacr.llsevent.org/jmarkel to securely make your donation by credit card online.
* Donate a gift valued at $50 or more for bidding at the silent auction during the LLS Man & Woman of the Year Gala, June 6, 2009. Please email or call Julia for more details on this.
* Volunteer to be part of her campaign team, spending a few hours over the next few weeks to help her secure donations.
If you would like more for your money, there are a couple of different options for you:
* Participate in her âI'âll Do (Almost) Anything for a Donationâ project. If you make a donation, I'âll do (almost) anything you want me to do. The donation must be at least $150 (or $500 from a group) and there are limitations.
* Become a sponsor of the Grand Finale Gala. There are several different levels of sponsorship, starting at $250, and all include an ad in the 2009 Man, Woman, Celebrity & Teen of the Year Program and Auction Book. Some of the higher levels include your company'âs name and/or logo on a full-page advertisement in Sacramento Magazine, announcing the winners. The highest levels include your companyâs name and/or logo on billboards and/or bus ads.
Contact Julia today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.392.5000
Kelly is doing a presentation of her volunteer time in the Dominican Republic this last summer for her local school kids. She asked me if I could put together a little something for her with her images and some of her favorite bachata music.
You can read about her volunteer teaching, but what you may not read is how amazing Kelly is. She truly can make you smile and laugh each time you see her. She's an uplifting person, and so giving of herself. I am honored to be her friend. And you'll be honored to have her shoot your wedding!
Click the below image to start the slideshow. This is one of my fav images!
At dinner last night, Kelly entertained us all with stories of her DR trip. She told us of her video of the tarantula and the pot holder. We told her to You-tube it....and she did so as soon as she got home. Here it is!